TikTok has been the most trending social media platform, with millions of users for business owners, brand promotion, or fun.
This prestigious app enables users to create any video of their choice with any editing pattern.
TikTok has numerous editing tools with different beauty filters, animation patterns, cutting features, timers, reviews, etc.
These features can be used while creating videos or content on TikTok. However, you can learn how to save a TikTok video without posting it on your profile by using the “save to draft” option. And also, you can choose to post the video after creation, editing, and formatting.
You can also check our articles on:
- How To See Who Liked Your TikTok Video in 6 Easy Steps
- How To Wake Someone Up Over The Phone Fast & Quick
- How To See Others Deleted TikTok Videos Easily
- How To Get 1000 Followers On Tiktok (Best Method)
After creating a story in TikTok, you are left with the choice of posting it immediately or not by saving the video in your device gallery.
Unfortunately, you can only be directed to post the creation of videos or stories on TikTok but do not have a specific open button for the save option.
Do not worry; there are ways you can go about that, and that is why I am here to guide you through how to save your TikTok video without posting.
You can use two methods to save a TikTok video without posting.
1. The two staged methods
2. The save as draft method
I will be diving into these methods one after the other.
How to save a TikTok video without posting using the “two-staged” method
The two staged methods comprise the first stage, known as the “post as private,” and the second, known as the “saving” stage.
In this stage, after posting the video, the video is posted with the private setting option. Don’t you know how to go about it? Let’s get started.
Steps on how to save a TikTok video without posting. (first stage)
1. Open the app and sign in:
You need to go to your phone applications, choose the TikTok app, and then click on it. After clicking on it, sign in with your login details.
- Locate the TikTok app on your device
- Click on it
- Sign in with your login details(username and password)
- Now you are on the app
2. Tap on the “+” icon:
The next step in this first stage is to tap on the “+” icon, whose function is to create a new video.
- On the news feed page
- Below the screen, click on the “+” icon to create a new video.
- Then, you will be directed to the new video creation section.
3. Create the video of your choice:
Now, in this section, you have to make a video. Create unique and eye-catching content, such as dancing, singing, comedy, mixing videos, pictures, etc.
You can go ahead to edit this video by using any filter, cutting, light, and animation features to beautify the content you’re creating.
- After clicking on the “+” icon
- You will be directed to the video creation page.
- Click on the big circle with a pink outline to start
- The video starts reading (don’t forget to create fantastic content)
- Create the complete video you wish to save with any duration. With a minimum of five seconds and a maximum of one minute.
4. Select the “next” option:
This step is to be performed after the completion of the video. And after adding different kinds of filters and other editing features.
- After the completion of the video
- Press next
- The next button is located below in the right corner.
5. Tap on the “who can see my video” option:
This section will pop up on the screen after selecting the next option. “Who can see my video” is a privacy option which enables you to choose and regulate who can view your posts on TikTok.
It is part of the privacy settings to be selected before posting a video. And since you want to save the video without posting immediately, choose the “private” option on the “who can see my video” section.
When you choose private, the video will not be visible to anyone else but you only.
- After recording your video
- Click on next
- You will be directed to a page to choose an option among various options.
- Click on “who can see my video.”
- Then select “private.”
6. Post the video:
After setting up the private option on the privacy settings, you can post the video. Note: The video will be visible to you alone, so it can be said that it has been posted and has not.
- After clicking on the private option
- Click on post
Steps on how to save a TikTok video (second stage)
1. Go to your profile: After posting the video, you will be redirected to the news feeds page. Then you can go to your profile again by selecting the human-like icon.
2. Click on the video: You have to open the video before you can go ahead to save it. On your profile page, scroll down until you locate the recently uploaded video, then click on it.
3. Select the share option: On the video page, tap on the bent arrow-like icon known as the “share” icon. It is located on the right side of the video screen. Click on it once to check the following options.
4. Click on save: This is what you want to do. To save the video, after clicking on the share icon on the next page which popped up, click on the save icon to save the video.
Now you have successfully learned how to save your TikTok video without posting. Let’s dive into the number next saving method for your TikTok video.
How to save a TikTok video without posting using the “save to draft” method.
Drafts are made on TikTok and saved on the account to be revisited.
You can make draft videos on TikTok in other posts during your busy moments or when you are out of content, and the draft can be saved in the video-making section.
I will be guiding you step by step on how to make drafts on TikTok.
How to make a draft on TikTok
- Launch the TikTok app on your phone, either android or iPhone devices.
- Select the “+” icon to create a video. Select the “+” icon to go to camera mode on TikTok.
- Select “Next” once you are done recording the video.
- On the next page, tap “draft,” which will automatically save the video as a draft.
To locate “Drafts,” check the bottom-left corner of your screen, next to “Post.”
- Open the TikTok app on your phone.
- Select “Me” in the right corner below.
- Besides your posted content, you will see a video or videos depending on how many Drafts you’ve saved.
- Then, you can go further to tap on the videos you wish to edit.
Finally, you can save TikTok videos on your device or your account without posting them immediately. Follow the steps provided in this article to save TikTok videos without posting.