With obesity on the rise globally, the weight loss industry has exploded with all kinds of diets, programs, and supplements that promise fast and easy weight loss.
One such supplement that has been gaining popularity recently is Zenso, a four-part weight management system inspired by Japanese black vinegar.
This comprehensive Zenso review will provide an in-depth look at what Zenso is, its ingredients, benefits, side effects, cost and whether it’s worth trying for effective and sustainable weight loss.
What is Zenso?
Zenso is a holistic weight loss solution developed and marketed by Wellous, a supplement company based in Malaysia.
It consists of four main products that are said to target different aspects of weight loss:
- Zenso Kuro Daitto – Meal replacement drink
- Zenso Kuro Mizu – Diuretic formula
- Zenso Kuro Oiru – Fat blocker
- Zenso Kuro Shuga – Sugar/carb blocker
The key ingredient common in all Zenso products is Kurozu – a type of black vinegar brewed for over 200 years in Kagoshima, Japan.
According to the manufacturers, the rich nutritional profile of Kurozu makes it beneficial for weight loss. The Zenso system aims to help you lose weight in a healthy way by improving body composition through:
- Reducing calorie intake
- Blocking absorption of fats, sugars and carbs
- Enhancing metabolism
- Flushing out water retention
The company offers two packages:
- Zenso Advance – For initial weight loss
- Zenso Lite – For weight maintenance after reaching target weight
Both packages include the four main products but in different quantities.
Now that we know what Zenso is supposed to do, let’s analyze the evidence behind its weight loss claims.
Zenso Ingredients: Do They Really Work for Weight Loss?
Since Zenso contains multiple products, it uses a long list of ingredients both common and proprietary. Let’s go through the key active ingredients in each Zenso product and examine what the science says about their benefits:
Kuro Daitto – Meal Replacement
The meal replacement drink contains the following main ingredients:
- Kurozu vinegar – The Japanese black vinegar is touted to improve metabolism and satiety. Studies show acetic acid in vinegar can suppress fat accumulation and obesity.
- Slimaluma® – This patented extract of the prickly pear cactus is claimed to reduce appetite and cravings. According to research, Slimaluma may promote modest weight loss.
- Baobab fruit powder – Rich in fiber, baobab can aid weight loss and fat burning by improving satiety, gut health and reducing fat absorption as per this study.
- Konjac fiber – Multiple studies (example) prove that this viscous fiber helps improve satiety, reduce appetite and minimize calorie intake.
Kuro Mizu – Diuretic
The main active ingredients in the Zenso diuretic formula are:
- Kurozu vinegar – Has diuretic effects and may act as a natural anti-bloating agent according to anecdotal evidence. But no studies support its efficacy.
- CactiNeaTM – Extract from the nopal cactus. Some early research indicates it may have a diuretic effect and reduce water retention.
- Juniper berry extract – Juniper is used as a natural diuretic but limited scientific evidence exists to support its effects.
Kuro Oiru – Fat Blocker
The fat blocking product contains:
- Kurozu vinegar – Believed to prevent fat gain but no direct studies prove it can block dietary fat absorption.
- MorosilTM – A silica-based compound that may bind to fat molecules and limit their absorption. But evidence is from animal studies only.
- IGOB131® – An extract of the African mango that appears to have weight lowering effects according to this meta-analysis of human clinical trials. But no evidence for fat blocking.
Kuro Shuga – Sugar/Carb Blocker
Key ingredients in this Zenso product are:
- Kurozu vinegar – Some evidence that it may improve insulin sensitivity and blood sugar control as per this study. But no proof of sugar blocking.
- CQR-300 – A patented cissus quadrangularis extract. Research shows it may aid weight loss and metabolic health but lacks evidence on blocking carbs/sugars.
- White kidney bean extract – Shown to lower carb absorption and manage weight as per multiple studies like this one.
Verdict on Ingredients (Zenso Review)
Based on the scientific evidence, the Zenso formulations do contain some natural ingredients that are proven to promote weight loss through different mechanisms – improving satiety, reducing fat absorption, aiding metabolism and insulin function, increasing fat burning, and so on.
However, Zenso’s claims of being able to specifically block dietary fat, sugar, and carb absorption are not substantiated. The ingredients may help mitigate carbohydrate or fat absorption to some degree but they cannot completely prevent it.
Moreover, the efficacy and safeties of the blends in Zenso are unknown since they apparently have not been clinically tested. The use of proprietary patented ingredients also makes it impossible to determine the exact compositions.
So in summary, while the Zenso products may have some weight loss benefits, they may not produce drastic results as claimed by the manufacturers. The ingredients are likely safe for most people but there’s no guarantee the products will work as described.
Now let’s look at some other crucial aspects of these supplements.
Zenso Reviews: What Are The Benefits?
What benefits can you realistically expect from taking Zenso supplements for weight loss? Here are some potential Zenso benefits based on the actions of the ingredients it contains:
- Reduce appetite and cravings
- Increase feelings of fullness
- Limit absorption of fats, carbs and sugars to an extent
- Enhance metabolism slightly
- Increase fat burning capacity
- Improve digestion and gut health
- Reduce bloating and water weight
- Boost energy levels
- Regulate blood sugar levels
- Improve nutritional intake
Clinical evidence indicates the ingredients may provide the above weight loss benefits. But keep your expectations realistic.
While Zenso claims you can lose up to 10-22 lbs monthly, such huge weight drops are highly unlikely with just the supplements. The products may help accelerate weight loss a bit but not produce dramatic slimming results on their own without dietary changes.
For best results, you need to use Zenso as part of a calorie-controlled diet and active lifestyle.
Zenso Reviews: Side Effects
One of the biggest concerns consumers have about weight loss supplements like Zenso is the risk of adverse side effects.
According to Zenso, all their products are completely natural and safe without any side effects. But let’s dig deeper.
The Zenso formulations do mostly include natural extracts, herbs, vitamins, amino acids and compounds considered safe at typical dosages. But side effects can still occur in some individuals.
Potential side effects include:
- Digestive issues – abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, nausea etc. The high fiber content can disrupt gut function.
- Dehydration and electrolyte imbalance – the diuretic effects may lead to loss of water and minerals like potassium.
- Dizziness and fatigue – can occur if the supplements curb appetite excessively or due to electrolyte imbalance.
- Allergic reactions – ingredients like soy, shellfish, cactus, pollen and plant extracts may cause allergy symptoms in sensitive folks.
- Dangerously low blood sugar – for diabetics due to potential effects on insulin and glucose metabolism.
- Drug interactions – with medications for blood pressure, thyroid, antidepressants, sedatives etc. due to effects on neurotransmitters and electrolyte/mineral levels.
Note that side effects are usually mild and not experienced by everyone. But it’s recommended to consult a doctor before using Zenso if you have any medical conditions or sensitivities.
Is Zenso Safe?
Apart from potential adverse effects in some users, Zenso products appear to have an otherwise good safety profile when used as directed.
Here are some positive aspects about Zenso safety:
- The ingredients are natural substances with long-term traditional use. Many have GRAS status.
- Zenso products are said to be manufactured in facilities that are GMP and HACCP certified. This ensures optimal quality and purity control.
- The company provides third-party lab test reports to verify the products are free of contaminants like heavy metals and microbes.
- Zenso claims their products are NPRA (Malaysia’s FDA) certified and Halal approved. This indicates regulatory oversight on quality.
However, a few things worth highlighting:
- There is limited information about the source and quality of some proprietary herbal extracts used.
- Zenso provides no data from clinical safety studies to guarantee absence of side effects.
- Using the Zenso Advance plan long-term may increase potential risks as it involves complete meal replacement.
Overall, the Zenso range seems generally safe for short term use of 1 month or less. But consult a healthcare provider if you have concerns.
Zenso Weight Loss Reviews: Before and After Results
Before trying any new weight loss supplement, it’s wise to look at customer reviews and actual user results.
Zenso boasts glowing testimonials on its website with amazing before and after photos. But are these results authentic and typical? Let’s find out.
Positive reviews praise Zenso’s weight loss effects, citing benefits like:
- Losing up to 22 pounds in 1 month
- Reduced body fat percentage
- Dropping 2 clothing sizes
- Decreased waist circumference
- Higher energy levels
- Better skin, sleep and mood
- No side effects
However, outside the company website, experiences seem mixed:
- Some reviews confirm rapid weight loss with Zenso supplements. But many admit regaining the weight later.
- Most users say the meal replacements help control hunger. But many felt it was unsustainable long-term.
- While some report better health, others complained of side effects like fatigue, diarrhea, nausea, even chest pain.
- Most people were unable to stick to the full Zenso plan for a month due to the very low calorie intake.
- Positive effects noted are boosted energy, reduced bloating and improved skin appearance.
So in summary, Zenso may help support weight loss to an extent but the dramatic results shown by the company are rare and exaggerated in all likelihood. Losing 22 lbs in a month is highly unrealistic.
The meal replacements can help reduce calories for faster weight loss initially. But this rapid weight drop is mainly water and carbs, not fat.
For lasting weight maintenance, it’s better to lose 1-2 lbs weekly through sustainable diet and lifestyle changes. Crash dieting with Zenso meal replacements may cause rebound weight gain.
Zenso Pricing: How Much Does It Cost?
Zenso is exclusively available from official online sites in Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei. It comes in two packages:
Zenso Advance 30-Day Supply
Retails for RM1800 (approx. USD $420) including:
- 3 boxes Kuro Daitto (18 servings)
- 1 box Kuro Mizu (10 servings)
- 1 box Kuro Oiru (30 tablets)
- 1 box Kuro Shuga (30 tablets)
- Zenso shaker bottle, weighing scale, tape measure
This is the plan for initial weight loss.
Zenso Lite 30-Day Supply
Retails for RM1300 (approx. USD $305) including:
- 2 boxes Kuro Daitto (12 servings)
- 1 box Kuro Oiru (30 tablets)
- 1 box Kuro Shuga (30 tablets)
- Zenso shaker bottle, weighing scale, tape measure
This is for weight maintenance after achieving target weight.
While the company doesn’t offer any discount bundles or promotions, you can get Zenso at cheaper prices (approx. 15% off) from some online resellers.
But is Zenso worth the high cost? Let’s weigh the pros and cons.
- All products for a month of weight management in one bundle.
- Good quality natural ingredients.
- Complete meal replacements offered.
- Provides tools for progress tracking.
- Very expensive compared to other individual diet pills.
- Multi-step system can get complicated.
- Ongoing monthly cost is high for sustainability.
- Manufacturer does not offer money-back guarantee.
So if you have the budget, Zenso Advance or Lite kits can be a convenient option. But for a more affordable natural weight loss alternative, choosing individual supplements that suit your needs may be better.
Does Zenso Really Work? Our Verdict
So what’s the final verdict on Zenso after this comprehensive review? Here’s a quick recap:
- Zenso provides a four-product weight loss solution focused on blocking absorption of fats, carbs and sugars.
- It’s ingredients like cactus, vinegar, fiber etc. can potentially aid weight loss but are unlikely to drastically block macronutrient absorption.
- Benefits like appetite reduction and metabolism support may help accelerate fat loss initially.
- But maintaining long-term weight loss will require permanent diet and lifestyle changes, not just Zenso products.
- The meal replacements and very low calorie intake may cause nutritional deficiencies, disordered eating tendencies, and weight rebound.
- While generally safe, some users report side effects like digestive issues, fatigue, low blood sugar etc.
- The advertised dramatic weight loss results are exaggerated. Losing 22 lbs in one month with Zenso is unrealistic.
- At RM1300-1800 per month, it is a very expensive weight loss option.
In conclusion, Zenso may provide modest additional support for natural weight loss efforts. But on its own, it is an unsustainable solution that may lead to negative health consequences with prolonged use.
For lasting results, sustainable diet changes tailored to your body and activity levels along with safe natural supplements like glucomannan, green tea extract, probiotics etc. based on your needs would be a better approach for long-term weight management.
Hope this detailed Zenso review helps you make an informed decision about whether it’s the right weight loss solution for your health goals!
You might also like:
- Renew Hair X Reviews – Legit or Scam? Honest Review
- KoreHealth SmartTech Bundle Reviews: Is It Worth The Money
- Is Glamify App Legit or Scam? What Real Users Are Saying
- Try and Review Singapore – Scam or Legit? Everything You Need To Know
- Is Lila Beauty Legit or Scam? Honest Consumer Reviews and Complaints
- Is EvolveMe Legit or a Scam? Honest Review About Evolve Me Platform
- Is eCrater Legit or Scam? Honest Consumer Reviews and Complaints
- Is Evaless Legit? What No One Will Tell You About This Popular Women’s Clothing Brand
- Is GoNift Legit or Scam? Don’t Get Fooled By Fake Reviews
- Is MissingMoney.com Legit? An Honest Review on This Unclaimed Property Website
- Is Faxbix Legit or a Scam? Honest Review About Faxbix Crypto Exchange