Rethink Advertising Media is an advertising company that claims to help businesses boost their brand awareness and increase sales through targeted digital advertising campaigns. However, some critics argue that Rethink may not be entirely transparent about their practices and costs.
In this article, we’ll take an in-depth look at Rethink Advertising Media scam to determine if it’s a scam or a legitimate advertising option for businesses.
We’ll examine their services, pricing, and policies. We’ll also look at online reviews and analyze complaints to understand customer satisfaction. By the end, you’ll have a well-rounded perspective to decide if Rethink is right for your business goals.
Understanding Rethink Advertising Media Scam
Rethink Advertising Media was founded in 2016 and is based in San Francisco, California. Their goal is to help businesses of all sizes and industries increase brand visibility and online engagement through digital marketing campaigns.
Rethink’s main service offerings include:
- Social media advertising on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Search engine marketing (SEM) through Google Ads and Bing Ads
- Retargeting ads and remarketing to people who have visited a company’s website
- Video advertising on YouTube and other connected TV platforms
- Display advertising on websites, blogs and other publisher networks
- Analyzing data and optimizing campaigns for maximum ROI
Rethink handles account set up, ad creative development, targeting, bidding strategies and ongoing campaign optimization. They claim clients see an average ROI of 3x-5x through digital marketing strategies tailored to each business.
On the surface, Rethink’s services seem similar to other digital advertising agencies. However, there have been some controversies around their sales tactics, long-term contracts and unclear pricing models that warrant further scrutiny.
reviewing rethink advertising media scam complaints
One of the best ways to gauge a company’s legitimacy is by analyzing online reviews and complaints from actual customers. Let’s take a closer look at some of the top criticisms leveled against Rethink Advertising Media Scam:
deceptive and high-pressure sales tactics
Many previous clients allege that Rethink uses misleading tactics to close deals. Common complaints include representatives:
- Overpromising unrealistic growth projections without providing proof or case studies
- Refusing to disclose full pricing details upfront and instead pushing for long contracts
- Dismissing questions or concerns as “not understanding digital marketing”
- Claiming limited time offers to artificially create urgency
unclear and fluctuating pricing models
Rethink offers “managed services” where they handle all campaign details for a monthly management fee. However, many clients report fees increasing significantly after initial setup without explanation.
Commonpricing issues cited include:
- Bait-and-switch where the quoted monthly fee balloons once onboarding is complete
- Automatically increasing budgets without client approval
- Unclear breakdowns of management fees versus actual media spend
- Inability to get a straight answer on total projected costs
poor customer service and lack of responsiveness
Dissatisfied clients frequently mention Rethink becoming unreachable or non-responsive once contracts are signed and payments begin flowing in. Common service complaints include:
- Ignoring emails, calls and requests for reports, insights or adjustments
- Providing little to no campaign transparency or optimization details
- Repeatedly missing deadlines or failing to deliver promised deliverables
- Refusal to cancel contracts even with documented service failures
- Abusive and unprofessional behavior from some account managers
The prevalence of these types of complaints surrounding deceptive practices, unclear pricing and poor post-sale support is certainly concerning for any potential Rethink client. Let’s look deeper into some key issues.
analyzing rethink’s terms, contracts and cancellation policies
On Rethink’s website, they promote flexible monthly contracts. However, many customers report the reality is quite different:
- Initial contracts are for 12-24 months with multi-month penalties for early cancellation
- No option to downgrade or adjust budgets without incurring fees
- Automatic renewal clauses mean contracts autorenew if not cancelled within a narrow 30-day window
- Contract termination has to be requested in writing by certified mail creating barriers
- Clients claim Rethink ignores legitimate cancellation requests or finds loopholes to continue billing
Rigid policies like these transfer much of the risk solely onto clients. It also gives Rethink leverage to continue charging hefty monthly fees even if campaigns underdeliver or service is subpar. Some consider these sharp practices exploitative of small businesses.
reviewing rethink’s case studies and client results
To evaluate if Rethink can deliver promised ROI, we analyzed their public case studies and reviews from verified clients:
- Case studies lack specifics on campaign details, metrics or spend amounts making results hard to validate
- Studies feature outdated WordPress themes with generic stock photos, further lowering credibility
- 3rd party sites like Crunchbase contain almost no verified information on clients or quantifiable successes
- Searching company names and executives in case studies turns up no additional public information
- Google searches for client testimonials primarily surface unbranded medium.com articles by Rethink employees
- A minority of real client reviews exist but many criticize lack of transparency in reporting ROI
Given the controversies, it’s difficult to independently verify if Rethink routinely achieves 3-5x ROI as claimed. Credible case studies and proof of past campaign results would help establish their value proposition. This raises questions if their advertised client wins are exaggerated or unrealistic.
Exploring alternatives to rethink advertising media
For businesses considering digital advertising but wary of Rethink based on reviews, there are alternative options worth exploring first:
Work with smaller, specialized agencies
Rather than a one-size-fits-all approach, focus on agencies specialized in your industry or specific marketing tactics. They tend to provide more personalized attention and flexibility.
Use platforms’ self-serve advertising tools
Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads, and other networks provide robust self-service interfaces. With education and testing, many entrepreneurs can run effective campaigns independently.
Hire freelance consultants or specialists
Freelancers experienced in PPC, social ads, analytics etc. offer customized support without long-term commitments. Pay for only work delivered instead of high monthly management fees.
Build an in-house team
For large budgets, developing internal expertise may yield higher control and savings long-run versus outsourcing indefinitely. Start by designating existing employees before considering hiring.
Consider performance-based agencies
Some agencies only charge clients if specific, mutually agreed upon goals are hit—like generating a minimum ROI. This model shifts risk from businesses.
There are usually better alternatives than committing huge budgets to an agency relying more on salesmanship than proven results. Evaluate options objectively prior to trusting a company with significant advertising dollars.
Making an informed decision about rethink advertising media
After examining Rethink’s offerings, policies, client reviews and independent case study verification, here are some key takeaways:
- Concerning pattern of complaints suggests questionable sales tactics, unclear pricing and poor post-sale support
- Automatic contract renewals, penalties and inability to adjust plans transfer too much risk solely to clients
- Lack of transparent, quantifiable metrics in public case studies undermines ROI and client success claims
- Constant stream of identical negative reviews found across multiple mediums over several years is a red flag
- Alternative advertising options exist for established or startup businesses with targeted support and flexibility
While digital advertising can certainly boost brands, committing to any agency still requires due diligence. Since much of Rethink’s value proposition relies on positive marketing claims instead of independently verifiable results, potential clients would be well advised to thoroughly research and trial alternate options first before signing lengthy contracts.
At best, Rethink’s practices appear overzealous and better suited to large enterprise clients experienced in managing agencies than many small businesses. And at worst, their approach risks wasting entrepreneurs’ budgets without necessarily delivering promised growth through inflated projections and non-transparent pricing.
Overall, too many inconsistencies and unanswered questions surrounding Rethink Advertising Media exist to confidently recommend them—particularly for newcomers to digital advertising.
Proceeding cautiously or selecting alternatives seems like the safer choice based on available information. With diligent research and testing alternatives first, savvy business owners may achieve marketing goals through more transparent partners instead.
- Is the Bikenda Snow Removal Device Scam or Legit? Buyer BEWARE !!
- Is Spartan Grey Hair Bar Real or Scam? Buyer BEWARE !!
- Beware of the Johnston Vere Liliana Recruitment Scam Targeting Job Seekers
- Is evripostal.kz Scam or Legit? BEWARE !! Don’t get Fooled
- Is Ruinsclub Legit or a Scam? An In-Depth Unbiased Review
- Cashmere Tribe Shop Reviews: Buyer BEWARE [Urgent Update]