Online shopping has become increasingly popular in recent years, offering convenience and competitive prices. However, the rise of ecommerce has also given way to an increase in scam websites looking to take advantage of unsuspecting shoppers.
Applebitcoins.com is an online Apple product retailer that accepts cryptocurrency payments, but is Applebitcoins legit or a scam? In this comprehensive Applebitcoins review, we will analyze multiple factors to determine if Applebitcoins is trustworthy or you should avoid them.
Let’s dive in.
Applebitcoins Review (Quick Overview)
Applebitcoins is an online Apple retailer that allows customers to purchase the latest iPhones, iPads, MacBooks and accessories using cryptocurrency like Bitcoin.
According to their website, Applebitcoins offers the best deals on premium Apple products and enables users to shop securely without providing credit card details.
At first glance, Applebitcoins looks like any other ecommerce store selling Apple devices. They have a professional looking website with Apple product images and descriptions.
However, we need to dig deeper to ascertain if this retailer is actually legitimate or a scam preying on unsuspecting Apple fans.
Is Applebitcoins.com Legit or Scam?
Determining if an unfamiliar online retailer is trustworthy takes research and an eye for red flags. We will analyze several key factors to evaluate Applebitcoins’ legitimacy:
- Applebitcoins.com was registered on November 27, 2021 through GoDaddy.com, so the domain is just over 1 year old.
- The domain name does not instill confidence – “Applebitcoins” misspells the Apple brand and echos the cryptocurrency payment method.
- There are no archived snapshots of the website available on Archive.org prior to June 2022, so the site appears to be newly created.
The short domain history is concerning and indicates the site could be ephemeral in nature. Most scam websites do not invest in building long-standing websites.
Applebitcoins provides a contact email address and physical address on their website’s Contact Us page:
- Email address: [email protected]
- Phone number: +448694961463
- Address: 77 Victoria Street, Warrington, WA33 6QD, United Kingdom
The address points to a residential apartment building unrelated to Apple products or ecommerce businesses. Searching the phone number online reveals no relevant results.
The disconnected contact details are a red flag signaling that Applebitcoins is likely a scam operation. Legitimate businesses have valid contact information.
No business registration records matching Applebitcoins are found in UK company databases. There are no corporate filings associating the name Applebitcoins with the provided address.
The lack of official company registration is highly suspicious and makes Applebitcoins appear like a fictitious entity. Legal retail businesses are registered with government agencies.
Applebitcoins advertises iPhone 14 models for roughly $200 – $800 lower than Apple and major retailers. MacBook Air laptops are listed at around $200 below Apple’s pricing.
These surprisingly low prices for brand new Apple products signal something fishy. Authorized Apple resellers cannot offer such huge discounts due to Apple’s minimum advertised pricing policies.
Applebitcoins claims to only accept cryptocurrency payments including Bitcoin, Ethereum and Monero. Cash, credit cards and PayPal are not accepted.
Restricting orders to irreversible crypto payments is highly unusual and dangerous for customers. It prevents buyers from disputing fraudulent transactions or receiving reimbursement.
There are contradictory Applebitcoins reviews on independent websites like Trustpilot. Some reviewers praise the prices and service, while others warn it is a scam.
Many positive reviews are from unverified purchasers with the same writing style. Numerous negative reviews report never receiving products after payment.
The alarming complaints of non-delivery indicate Applebitcoins is likely a scam operation that does not actually ship products to all customers.
The Applebitcoins website contains multiple grammatical errors, suggestive of non-native English writers that are commonplace on scam websites.
There is also generic website text duplicated word-for-word from other sites not related to Apple. This signals lazy and unoriginal content.
Warning Signs of an Applebitcoins Scam
Based on this comprehensive investigation, Applebitcoins exhibits multiple red flags indicative of a scam website:
- No company registration records or valid contact information
- Unable to verify corporate address – points to an unrelated apartment
- Suspiciously low prices below Apple MSRP
- Cryptocurrency only payments without purchase protection
- Non-native English text with duplicated website content
- Missing About Us page detailing company background
- Newly created domain without online history
Customers have also reported ordering Apple products and never receiving them after sending cryptocurrency payments.
These warning signs overwhelmingly point to Applebitcoins being a scam website rather than a legitimate online Apple retailer.
Avoiding Applebitcoins and Other Scam Websites
The rise of ecommerce has led to sophisticated scam websites like Applebitcoins that can fool shoppers into thinking they are legitimate retailers. Here are some tips to avoid online scams:
- Research unfamiliar websites – Search for reviews and complaints, look up company registration details, check domain history.
- Beware too good to be true prices – Extremely low prices can signal counterfeit or scam websites unable to deliver.
- Avoid unknown cryptocurrency payments – Reversible payment methods like credit cards offer protection for online purchases.
- Review contact details – Fake websites often have invalid physical addresses and disconnected phone numbers.
- Check for poor English content – Scam sites typically contain grammatical errors, typos and duplicated text.
- Use common sense – If something seems questionable, trust your instincts and avoid that website.
For high value Apple purchases, it is always safest to buy directly from Apple’s official website or authorized resellers like Best Buy and Amazon. Although you may pay slightly higher prices, you can have confidence your order will be fulfilled and customer service assistance is available if needed.
This investigative Applebitcoins review concludes that Applebitcoins.com exhibits multiple convincing red flags revealing it to be an online scam, including:
- No verifiable company information or valid contact details
- Unsupported discounted prices below Apple MSRP
- Cryptocurrency only payment without purchase protection
- Multiple negative reviews reporting non-delivery of orders
- Website text errors and duplicated content
Customers should stay far away from Applebitcoins and other unverified websites using similar scam tactics to swindle shoppers out of their money. Always thoroughly research unfamiliar ecommerce websites before providing any payment or personal information to avoid becoming a victim.
For guaranteed legitimate Apple products, purchase directly from Apple or authorized resellers instead of questionable websites like Applebitcoins.
Verdict: Applebitcoins is NOT LEGITIMATE and should be AVOIDED
In summary, this investigative Applebitcoins review finds overwhelming evidence that Applebitcoins.com is a scam website disguised as an Apple retailer. We strongly advise that all consumers avoid the website Applebitcoins.com and only purchase Apple products through reputable sellers for your own safety. Don’t let scam websites take advantage of your hard-earned money.
- Is DealMonday.co.uk Scam or Legit? DealMonday Review
- Runna App Review: Is This the Fitness Tracker You Need?
- Harr Travel Reviews – What No One Will Tell You About This Travel Agency