Erastourmerch.com is a website that has been getting a lot of attention from Taylor Swift fans lately. The site claims to sell official Taylor Swift ‘Eras’ tour merchandise at heavily discounted prices. However, many fans are questioning the legitimacy of this website and worrying that it may be a scam.
In this comprehensive blog post, we will examine the facts about Erastourmerch.com and help you determine if it is trustworthy or a scam that should be avoided.
What is Erastourmerch.com?
Erastourmerch.com is set up as an ecommerce store seemingly focused on selling merchandise from Taylor Swift’s Eras tour. The site has a clean, professional-looking layout and showcases a wide selection of Eras tour t-shirts, hoodies, hats, and other apparel.
At first glance, the website appears reputable. The merchandise designs match official Taylor Swift products, and the website claims the items are authentic tour merch. Additionally, the prices on Erastourmerch.com are very low compared to the official Taylor Swift store. Many items are offered at 40-50% off retail prices.
User Reviews of Erastourmerch.com
While the website itself looks legitimate, reputable Swiftie fan forums like r/SwiftieMerch on Reddit are filled with concerning reviews about Erastourmerch.com. Here is a summary of the main complaints and warnings from fans who have ordered from the site:
- Poor quality/inaccurate merchandise – Many buyers report the items arrived with cheap screen printing quality, inaccurate designs, and poor sizing. Shirts are often 3-4 sizes smaller than labeled.
- Credit card fraud – Numerous customers had fraudulent charges appear on their credit cards shortly after ordering from Erastourmerch. Some reported unauthorized additional charges from the site showing up weeks later.
- Refund issues – Customers who complained about inaccurate orders or requested refunds say the company resisted giving refunds. Partial refunds may be offered if you agree to keep the poor quality merch.
- No contact information – The site lacks any business address, phone number, or support email. The only way to request a refund is through the customer login portal.
- Domain registered recently – Records show the Erastourmerch.com domain was registered on September 15, 2022, shortly before the Eras tour started. This is a major red flag, as official tour merch sites are established long beforehand.
Overall, the overwhelming consensus is that Erastourmerch.com cannot be trusted and Swifties should avoid ordering from the site to prevent being scammed.
Signs Erastourmerch.com is a Scam
After digging into the background of Erastourmerch.com and the numerous negative experiences customers have reported, we can conclusively categorize this website as an illegitimate scam operation. Here are some of the standout indicators:
1. No authorization from Taylor Swift
There is absolutely no indication that Taylor Swift or her management team have authorized Erastourmerch.com to produce or sell official products. While the company claims to sell authentic tour merch, this is clearly false. Any legitimate vendor would have proof of being an approved supplier or licensee, which Erastourmerch does not provide.
2. Identical layout to known scam sites
The site’s template and layout is an exact copy of several other fraudulent merch stores that have popped up targetting major music artists’ tours. Sites like Adeptourmerch.com, Harrytourmerch.com and Badtourmerch.com have the exact same look, products, and prices as Erastourmerch. This is a textbook scam technique – copycat sites with slight name variations designed to trick searchers.
3. Hidden business details
As mentioned earlier, Erastourmerch.com does not provide any legitimate business details. The domain is registered anonymously and there is no business name, address, phone number, or contact email available on the site. This lack of transparency is a huge warning sign of a scam.
4. Limited payment options
Scam sites often have limited payment options to make transactions harder to dispute or reverse. Erastourmerch only accepts Paypal and cryptocurrency. Legitimate merch sellers would offer consumers popular options like credit cards.
5. Aggressive social media marketing
Reports indicate Erastourmerch.com relies on sketchy social media marketing techniques like fake accounts and engagement to promote itself. Searches for the site reveal promoted posts with suspiciously high likes and comments. Scammers use these tactics to drown out warnings and get visibility.
6. Prices too good to be true
While the heavily discounted prices are tempting, they are unrealistic for official merch. Taylor Swift’s store sells her Eras Collection hoodies for $75. Erastourmerch advertises the same hoodies for $45. These “discounts” are meant to entice fans but are clear signs of a scam.
With these red flags combined with the awful consumer experiences, Erastourmerch.com can undoubtedly be classified as a fraudulent website to avoid at all costs.
How Does the Erastourmerch.com Scam Work?
Now that we have established the site is not legit, you may be wondering exactly how this scam operates to trick Swifties. Here is an outline of their deceptive business model:
- Set up an ecommerce website claiming to sell real tour merch at steep discounts to generate excitement and interest.
- Leverage shady social media marketing techniques to promote the site in Taylor Swift fan communities.
- List inaccurate sizing information to trick customers into ordering a bigger size needed.
- Take orders and payments but provide no legitimate business details for customers to pursue refunds later.
- Send poor quality bootleg merch made cheaply with incorrect sizing to cut costs.
- Stall and refuse refund requests, only offering partial refunds in some cases to dissuade customers from complaining.
- Illegally retain customers’ financial details to enable credit card fraud and unauthorized charges.
Essentially, the entire website is designed to scam overexcited fans who believe they are getting official tour merch at amazing prices. In reality, you end up with shoddy counterfeit gear and your financial info compromised.
How to Stay Safe From Merch Scams
The Erastourmerch.com scam provides an important lesson – fans need to stay vigilant about only purchasing from authorized sources.
Here are some tips to avoid falling victim to fake merch scams:
1. Buy directly from the artist’s official store – Purchasing directly from TaylorSwift.com or the artist’s official store is the best way to guarantee authenticity. Be wary of any other site.
2. Avoid “too good to be true” deals – Massive discounts on new merch are always a red flag. Only trust normal retail prices.
3. Research unfamiliar sites – Google the website name along with terms like “scam” or “review” to find others’ experiences. Look for multiple negative complaints.
4. Verify secure payment options – Reputable sites will have https URLs and offer common payment methods like Visa, Mastercard, or PayPalbuyer protection. Avoid sites only taking cryptocurrency or wire transfers.
5. Check site transparency – Legit businesses should clearly display a customer service phone number, business address, contact email, etc. Lack of this suggests a scam.
6. Trust your instincts – If a site feels sketchy or unofficial, do not order from it. It’s better to miss a deal than get scammed.
Using caution and only purchasing directly from approved sources can help you avoid the headaches of merchandise scammery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I order from Erastourmerch.com?
No, absolutely not. Based on all evidence examined in this post, Erastourmerch.com is an illegitimate scam website that should be avoided at all costs. Ordering from them will likely result in low quality items, sizing issues, and compromised financial information. Only purchase Taylor Swift tour merchandise directly from TaylorSwift.com.
How can I get my money back if I already ordered from Erastourmerch.com?
If you unfortunately already placed an order with Erastourmerch.com, immediately contact your credit card company or Paypal to file a fraud complaint and request a chargeback. Also watch for any unauthorized charges and report those right away. Avoid further communication with the scam company and do not accept any partial refund deals they offer while allowing them to retain your merchandise and payment info.
Can I report this website and get it taken down?
Absolutely! Report Erastourmerch.com to the FTC here as an imposter retail scam so they can investigate and potentially take action: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov. You can also report the site to domain registrars, online scam reporting groups, and even contact Taylor Swift’s management team to make them aware of the issue. The more reports against the site, the quicker it can be removed.
How can I spot other fake merch scams in the future?
Use the warning signs outlined earlier in this article to identify shady websites: no proof of authorization, hidden business details, too-good-to-be true prices, limited payment options, and poor reviews mentioning issues with orders. Only buy directly from your favorite artist’s official store to ensure authenticity.
The Bottom Line
Based on all the evidence, it is clear that Erastourmerch.com is an unauthorized scam website seeking to capitalize on Taylor Swift fans by selling counterfeit merchandise.
The numerous negative reviews about product quality, sizing inaccuracies, refusal to provide refunds, and credit card fraud show this company cannot be trusted.
Taylor Swift fans are advised in the strongest terms to avoid this website and only purchase official products directly through TaylorSwift.com. Don’t let scam sites fool you – if it seems too good to be true, it almost always is. Stay vigilant Swifties!