Sleeping sometimes might be a difficult thing to do especially when you wake up in the middle of the night, and you can’t sleep again.
Healthy sleep is some measures that will help you maximize the time you spend sleeping. Below are simple tips to help you get a healthy sleep.
1. Have a bedtime routine: Ease the time that you wake up and sleep with some activities that will relax your brain and mind before you go to bed. You take a warm bath; read a book; see a movie; do some exercise. Avoid things or work that will stress you, especially emotional stress.
2. Avoid caffeine, Alcohol and other stimulants: For so many coffee lovers, caffeine affects one’s sleep. Avoid caffeine products for four to six hours before you go to sleep. Smoking also interfere with one’s sleep
3. Make your Bedroom Comfortable: To also have a good sleep, you have to make your bedroom quite comfortable, dark and cool. Have a good bed, a comfortable soft pillow and mattress set.
You can also use a sleep mask and ear plugs to avoid outside noise
4. Have a Balance fluid intake: Have enough fluid intake before you go to bed so as not to wake up in the middle of the night feeling thirsty, but do not drink so much so as not to wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.
5. Have a good exercise: Exercise regularly, at least 30 minutes can help you to achieve a good sleep but the exercise must not be close to your bedtime.
6. Stop worrying: In some people, emotional stress can cause you difficulties in sleeping. Avoid thought that would give you stress and practice relaxation techniques like muscle relaxation, deep breathing, visualization before you go to bed. Keep a notepad to keep important thought so as you won’t forget them.
7. Take midday naps: Some people have a myth that if they sleep in the afternoon, they find it difficult to sleep at night. But a midday nap can also help in restoring a night-time sleep as it keeps you alert and you alert, and your mind refreshed.
Read also: How to relax your mind from anxiety