A migraine is a pain you felt as a result when your brain experiences specific changes. It comes with a severe head pain on one part of the head and is often associated with sensitivity to sounds, light and smells.
Migraine signs and symptoms you may experience:
• Depression, excitement or irritability: mood changes can be a sign that you have a migraine. According to Dr Calhoun, he said that some patients would feel very depressed or suddenly down for no just cause.
• Difficulty in sleeping well: when you wake exhausted, or you have problems in falling asleep. This is another sign of you having a migraine.
• Watery eyes or stuffy nose: one of the symptoms of migraines is when you have a stuffy nose or teary eyes or a sinus headache.
• A very severe pain in one side of the head or both side: a throbbing pain is the most definite sign that you have a migraine where the pain is felt one side of the head.
• Eye pain: another sign is pain behind your eyes.
• Neck pain
• Frequent urination
• Yawning excessively can also be a sign
• Nausea or vomiting
• Numbness or tingling
• Loss of vision, dizziness, vertigo, double vision.
• When one side of your body becomes weak, and the arm goes limp.
• Trouble speaking, difficulty in speaking is another sign.
Causes of migraines:
• When the brain blood vessel system, experience some irregularities
• A predisposition in genetics can also be a cause of migraines
• A disorder in the central nervous system.
Treatments for a migraine:
There are many things to do about a migraine; there is no such authentic treatments or drugs for migraines. Treatment is not just the principle thing but actually the way we modify our lifestyle and the type of medications we take.
For some people, they can manage their migraines with drugs gotten from the pharmacy, but for many others, it is not much effective. For you to also manage your migraine, it is important you meet with your doctor.
Some medications to take when you start experiencing migraine:
• Aspirin (not for young children)
• NSAID, e.g. ibuprofen
• Triptans such as sumatriptan (Imigran)