Ulcers are burns or break that form in the skin or mucous membrane with loss of surface tissue, disintegration necrosis of epithelial tissue and often pus.They form in the upper part of the lining in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
Causes of ulcers
• Stress: severe stress experienced from medical treatment
• An increase in stomach acid
• H. pylori, a type of harmful bacteria
• Medication: use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) and the use aspirin and ibuprofen which is the most common NSAID.
Symptoms of ulcers
The most common symptoms of a ulcer are burning pain. This burning pain is caused by an ulcer, and it gets worst when the stomach acid comes in contact with the ulcerated area.
• Weight loss
• Burning pain
• Lack of appetite because of appetite
• Acid reflux or burping
• Bloating, having so much gas in your stomach.
• Nausea or vomiting
• Heart burn.
Ulcers symptoms may be:
• Become worse when you have not eaten anything, and you have an empty stomach.
• Sometimes flare up or worsen at night.
• Be felt anywhere from your breast bone to your navel.
Food to eat when you have an ulcer.
Below are listed foods to eat as part of the ulcer diet to relieve ulcer.
• Green vegetables: these vegetables gives vitamin k that will help repair damages that is being caused by too much stomach acid.
• Eat small meals: eat small meals as many times as you can in a day to help reduce ulcer symptoms and save the burden on the digestive system.
• Cabbage juice: it have been shown and proven that the cabbage juice can heal and relieve ulcer symptoms, you can dilute with carrot juice for more nutritional benefits.
• Fermented foods: good bacteria can help prevent H. pylori infection, fermented foods like kimchi, kefir and unsweetened yoghurt.
• High Fiber foods: increase your intake in fibre foods as fibres can contribute to repair gastrointestinal tract, aim for 30gramd daily.
Foods to avoid when you have an ulcer.
• Alcohol: may increase ulcer
• Spicy foods: can cause a burning sensation and heart burn.
• Sugar: can make the ulcer worst and feed on the bad bacteria.
Natural ulcer remedies
• Aloe vera
• Licorice root
• Digestive tract to recolonize with healthy bacteria and prevent it from infection.
Oils used for ulcer relief.
• Peppermint oil
• Frankincense oil
Add two drops to your water two times daily until the symptoms subside.