Flashing an MTK (MediaTek, e.g Tecno, Infinix, Gionee, Innjoo, Lenovo, X-BO, etc) Android device has a good number of advantages and as well as disadvantages.
Flashing your phone with no problem, you must have a good reason for doing that; clearing everything from your phone is not what you will like to do. It must have been giving you serious problem before thinking of flashing.
Many who has some issues with their Android device are afraid of flashing due to the information stored on the phone. They will rather use the phone like that or perhaps get a new one.
Here is a good news, now you can back up all your files; sms, videos, music, pictures, dialed calls, contacts and documents into your laptop before flashing. There are lots of backup software you can use like Mobogenie, Moborobo, etc.
After backing up your files, you are now ready to embark on flashing. Below are tools you will require to install desired operating system;
- MTK USB DRIVERS
- SP FLASH TOOL
- USB CABLE
- A COMPUTER
Having all these tools in place, follow the steps below;
- Download your preferred operating system from any of these websites romkingz, needrom, Hovatech, naijarom, etc.
- Extract the files into a folder you can find easily,
- Open your SP flash tool, click on load scatter file and navigate the folder where you have your downloaded operating system.
- Select the scatter file and click on download,
- Plug your phone with a USB cable and allow the software to do its work,
- When it’s done, a green mark will appear confirming done.
Allow the phone to boot by itself, most times it takes more time than the usual booting time, its normal don’t panic but of course it should not exceed 10mins.